What can you do to help spread awareness?
SAAM SOCIAL MEDIA HIGHLIGHTS
• International Day Against Victim-Blaming on April 3. Use #IDAVB #Apr3 #EndVictimBlaming
• Day of Action! Launches on April 7. Use tweets, posts and status updates to share the work about #SAAM.
• Download a SAAM-themed background, add a teal ribbon or SAAM logo to your online profile or website.
• International Anti-Street Harassment Week on April 12-18. Use #EndSH
• National Crime Victim’s Rights Week on April 19-25. Use #NCVRW #NVRW 2014
• Denim Day: April 29. Use #DenimDay
START THE CONVERSATION
• April is Sexual Assault Awareness Month! The #SAAM 2015 campaign is: It’s time to act. Safer campuses. Brighter futures. Prevent sexual violence. http://www.nsvrc.org/saam
• What are you planning for #SAAM? Share your Sexual Assault Awareness Month events at
• Be an ACTivist for change! Spread the word about #SAAM: http://www.nsvrc.org/saam
• Engage college campuses to prevent sexual violence. Learn more at http://www.nsvrc.org/saam
• Let’s create social change. What are you doing for #SAAM?
• Facts about campus sexual assault and prevention: http://www.nsvrc.org/saam #SAAM
• Get the latest on Sexual Assault Awareness Month at the #SAAM blog: http://www.nsvrc.org/saam
• Use your voice to create change on campuses. Get involved in #SAAM: http://www.nsvrc.org/saam
• It’s time to act. Safer campuses. Brighter futures. Prevent sexual violence. #SAAM
• Share your photos and videos from Sexual Assault Awareness Month #SAAM @NSVRC
• Shop to spread the word. It’s Sexual Assault Awareness Month! #SAAM http://www.nsvrc.org/store
• Find bilingual Sexual Assault Awareness Month resources at http://www.nsvrc.org/es/saam
• Help get the word out about Sexual Assault Awareness Month with a Letter to the Editor! Download at: http://www.nsvrc.org/saam #SAAM
• ¡Es hora de actuar! Mes de conciencia sobre la agresion sexual. http://www.nsvrc.org/es/saam #SAAM
• Your voice can make a difference, learn how at www.nsvrc.org/saam #SAAM
FACTS: CAMPUS & SOCIAL MEDIA
• Eighty-nine percent of adults ages 18-29 participate in social media.
• Research shows that 84% of these adults (18-29) are using Facebook, 37% are using Instagram, 35% are using Twitter and 27% are using Pinterest.
• Sixty-three percent of Facebook users, 57% of Instagram users and 46% of Twitter users login daily.
• Eighty-five percent of college-age adults (18-29) access the internet through their mobile phones.
Source: The Pew Research Center’s Internet & American Life Project: http://www.pewinternet.org